New Tank Cycle Process

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing advice, I will prep to do this I think. All for the success.

Yeah I think restarting would be a problem with my space constraints right now, maybe I regret not doing QT initially but as mentioned it was hard enough to convince the wife I needed one tank haha.

I'm assuming you'd recommend waiting to add the Blenny until after I finish the hypo process correct?

Thanks again!
Well at this point if you can find a healthy blenny I would add him before the hypo, so that all the livestock is at least free of Ich. If you ever introduce another non-QTd fish though, you have to assume that the ich is back in the tank.

I would also treat the fish in a hydrogen peroxide (H2o2) or Ruby Rally Pro bath a few times as a preventative against other common diseases like velvet. Again, the baths alone without a proper copper QT may not fully eliminate those parasites if they are present but would certainly help. Make sure to read up thoroughly on all those humblefish articles before starting.

After seeing the effectiveness of hypo, I am actually working out a suggested 'partial QT' procedure involving hypo and h2o2 dips - for people who just arent going to QT or have the means to properly QT. As long as the fish isnt harboring a serious disease like velvet, it should still be quite effective.

Good news on your existing fish is that clowns are very hearty, and the biggest threat is usually Ich.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way for me to just remove ammonia on its own?
massive water changes will dilute it. Honestly if your tank is full of tap water though its worth just starting over when you have RODI. If you stick to tap, you are guaranteed to have sick/dead fish, tons of algae problems and a very inhospitable environment for any type of coral.

OP
OP
M

Melin108

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump we are being trolled
I didn't realize it. Thought maybe I could help, disappointing and I wonder why someone would waste time like that for no reason? Anyway, I appreciate all the real responses and the support. Thanks @brandon429 and @zatch.

Tank is still going well thus far. Looking closely into the Tailspot Blenny. When is it safe to add inverts like hermits? I was thinking a peppermint shrimp would be good for my size and the utility they have, suggestions welcome!

Thanks again

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Chris has sent tons of random pms all over the site I got one yesterday evening asking to help w his ammonia lol he does it just to mess with people. Your tank is ready for the inverts not a problem

I think Chris isn’t a prob anymore though we can move on w cyclin’

Last edited:
Back