New Tank going up soon, old tank coming down.

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am kinda making this post just for a timeline sake. Not sure how this tank is going to go.

I have had reef tanks of one size or another running for about 20 years but usually end up changing tanks for one reason or another over time. Usually space or financial reasons.

For the past few years I have lived off of a 25 gal RR cube. It houses my clown pair and an assortment of soft and lps corals. I few SPS as well but only recently added.

I splurged last week and bought home a DSA RR 110 from the store. It was 60" x 20" x 21". I couldnt fit the stand and the tank in the car so I took the tank and built the stand this week. It needs a little touch up and I gotta make door but it is getting there.

So far this is what I have already or is on the way,

Tank: DSA 110 RR
Sump: Trigger system crystal reef sump 36" x 16" x 15"
Return: 2 x Sicce 3.5
Controller: DA RKL
Chiller: 1/10hp JBJ from old tank will upgrade this before summer.
Heater: Finnex titanium 500w tube
Circulation pumps: 2 x MP40W ES
Lighting: 2 x AI Vega color
Skimmer: Reef Octopus NW110 & WM MF121 I will eventually sell these both and get 1 larger skimmer.
Reactor for GFO: Reef Octopus 3.5" Media Filter
ATO: Tunze Osmolator

I can't decide on sand or BB. I have had the best success long term with BB tanks but like the look of sand better, until it gets slime or detritus build up. I do want some wrasses though so I cant make my mind up yet.

I liked the simplicity of the small tank, and hope I enjoy the benefits of the larger space and don't regret the extra maintenance I will have again.. I do plan to keep it mixed with a combo of softies/lps/sps. I will eventually add some pictures here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back