New tank: ideas?

lucas-grimm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Messages
149
Reaction score
105
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank! This is a Maxspect dice 12. Running a Sicce 2.0 upgraded return pump, Hygger 1321 at 50%, and will be lit with a 100w Nicrew. As you can see its bare bottom as well, as I am planning on doing an Acro dominated sps only tank with no exceptions. However since I haven’t started adding corals yet I’m interested to see if anyone has any other ideas. For fish: I’ve quarantined 1 banggai cardinal, 1 neon dottyback, 1 azure damsel, and 1 flame angel as the showpiece fish, and I’m planning on getting a pair of clowns to finish my fish stocking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7016.mov
    59.5 MB
IMG_7015.jpeg
 
Still image since the video has not processed
 
Your floor appears to have a severe dip in it
 
Your floor appears to have a severe dip in it
Looks like it's on a countertop and the shadow makes it hard to see how level it is. If OP didn't use a foam mat underneath then should probably reach out to the manufacturer to see if it's needed. Most rimless requires it.

Also, personally I think that's too many fish for a 12g and for a Flame Angel I would say atleast a 40g.
 
Looks like it's on a countertop and the shadow makes it hard to see how level it is. If OP didn't use a foam mat underneath then should probably reach out to the manufacturer to see if it's needed. Most rimless requires it.

Also, personally I think that's too many fish for a 12g and for a Flame Angel I would say atleast a 40g.
This.

At best the tank is suited to the pair of clowns. Maybe some small gobies would be ok.
 
Your floor appears to have a severe dip in it
It is on a counter, on a leveling mat, the shadow just makes it appear unlevel. This is not its final resting spot, just where it will be for the next month or two.
 
This.

At best the tank is suited to the pair of clowns. Maybe some small gobies would be ok.
Water cleanliness wise the tank will be able to handle the larger fish load as I’ll be doing relatively large water changes. As far as the fish go, they are all tiny and I plan on moving the flame to my 240 once it’s too large to be comfortable in the nano.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new