New tank incoming.

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Got an email from the owner asking I make a post here to introduce myself. Ive been browsing silently for about a month or two preparing for my new tank thread didnt want to bore anyone with the cycle.

This will be my first saltwater tank. Have had loads of freshwater but was out of the hobby for maybe almost 10 years before around March impulse buying a 125 for Discus and Angels. It is doing fantastic about 18 total species 75ish I think total fish(forgot count and lost care as i just focus stability waiting for my store to get the last 3 Discus i want to add i. Stock)in the tank eating me out of house and home.... If youre interested I'll include a small bit of it here and there in my sw thread. When i make it.

I'm based in Orlando, FL. Received my new RS Reefer 200xl G2 on 19/7 as a I think 37th? Birthday present to myself. Officially started the cycle 1/8 cant wait to share and bounce ideas and good conversation with everyone! I tried to attach some teasers but the forum could only go so far back in my phones file system and wont let me preview it seems the small tile preview of rhe picture before uploading it. So I will have to try and have a go on the laptop soon.

First question I have to ask. My buddy who conned me into this money sink is questioning my resolve to run the tank at 75-76°F. I get most run 78 good for them. All resellers and guide sites say 72/73-78. 76 is my ambient daytime home temp so I am looking to save energy and the life of my heaters. This is fine i shouldnt expect problems so long as 75-76 is stable yes? I dont NEED to run the magical 78?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! The pumps and lights may well bump the temp in your tank a couple of degrees so it may not be an issue at all.

OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadnt thoufht about thay woth the lights off until the algae stage! If someone convinces me otherwise it is at least helping me with evap until i can get a real reservior and ato setup. Wish Rs would have left that bit out and setup the sump better cant imagine onone finding reefing fun when having to top off the auto top off every day

Reefer Matt

YouTube Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4e447b9-5e67-4b02-af0d-2f28e9db692c.gif

Temp sounds good to me!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We like to run are tanks at 77 to 78. WELCOME!!!
I come in peace i swear! I would like to run my house in the 60's at night while i sleep but oh that bill! Surely id be ok keeping the tank in the mid range? Stay tuned and be the first to tell me i was a blummin lemon for trying! Ill need the boost of confidence ot not giving up if be the case and will love to have you there!

OP
OP
C

ColonelCrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I moved from Orlando to North Dakota myself. Orlando is the MECA for corals! Endless supply of coral vendors. Lucky!

Welcome Aboard Comedy Bang Bang GIF
Wow thats a big change! Hows it feel having seasons? Worth having to ship all the corals? im on the seasons side untile i atatt shopping for corals at least!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back