New tank - manufacturer?

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys,

i need your input on who should i request a new custom tank from?
are there any local builders who have a good reputation? I dont want to pay a hefty shipping so wanted to see who should i get it done from locally.

i am in Katy/Houston area.

Appreciate guidance.

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1170660.JPG
I live in San Antonio, and I went with Planet Aquarium out of Dallas. I also went with Coastal Stands so I could get a warranty on the tanks. Very happy with both the stands and the tanks.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up my Planet Aquarium tank this past weekend. Great quality / work but you have to go through an LFS.

OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both. Any chance I can get a few close up pics of the seams. Would really really appreciate it. And sorry for the trouble.

Love your stands Troy.
Would it be wrong to ask you to share the cost info?

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take some pics tonight. But there are no bubbles and the glass edges are beveled. I had an Oceanic 240 for 12 years before this tank. I wasn't going to settle for anything less than perfect on these tanks. I believe all three tanks and stand were around $6500. The center tank is "60x30"x31" hybrid glass and acrylic. The price on that tank and stand was $3300 and the 2 outer tanks are 36"x30"x25" and they were around $1600 each tank/stand. The stands are furniture quality stands. I priced them through my custom cabinet guy, and he couldn't believe the quality and what I paid for them. If ever you are in San Antonio you can come take a look for yourself.

OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are immensely helpful - i appreciate the info and your welcoming offer. Thanks a billion. That really helped.
I will talk to my LFS and get that tank order placed.
The furniture looks amazing - its going in my formal so i need it nice - and this foots the bill.
I assume they take custom orders - i will get in touch with them to get a quote. Much thanks - again.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Jimbo.
Was that a clear silicone? Wouldn’t black look better? How do you like it? Really appreciate you taking the time to take and post the pic.

Gcarrol - thanks a bunch for the info.
But I would like to avoid the steel look on the sides and top. Hoping to make it an open top with no canopy. Will definitely check into them though. Thanks again.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Jimbo.
Was that a clear silicone? Wouldn’t black look better? How do you like it? Really appreciate you taking the time to take and post the pic.

But I would like to avoid the steel look on the sides and top. Hoping to make it an open top with no canopy. Will definitely check into them though. Thanks again.
Alright! Back in the game! Nice!

OP
OP
xaflatoonx

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on it Ty.
Just moved. Planning and setting up.

I hope you haven’t taken my name off the list of buyers for that nem. lol. Lol. By the time my tank is up - I am sure my turn will come. Haha.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Jimbo.

It is black silicone...not sure why it looks like white / clear in the pic.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to have the steel around the top. It's just added security. We here prefer that as on occasion the soil beneath our homes tends to move! Also the steel can be powdercoated any color. Cody just opted for gray.
My buddy Ivan chose black: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/out-of-the-flood-resurrection-of-my-650-gallon-system.239836/
I chose white.

Keep in mind that our tanks only have eurobracing to keep water in the tank in case of earthquakes. AGE tanks are typically rimless.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another happy Planet Aquariums owner...

I've got a custom rimless 60"x30"x18" from PA, glass is beveled, seams are very well done. I did a rather odd custom hole pattern in order to fill my needs, gave them an autocad layout of hole placement and size, the end product was exactly what I asked for.

I didn't buy their stand, just the glass, but I'm quite pleased with my purchase.

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1170660.JPG
I live in San Antonio, and I went with Planet Aquarium out of Dallas. I also went with Coastal Stands so I could get a warranty on the tanks. Very happy with both the stands and the tanks.

What type of lights are you using above the middle tank ? Very nice . What size is the middle tank?

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back