New Tank Set Up Questions - 310g Planet

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! I have been away for a bit (Building a house for about 1 year now) and I am starting to prepare for my new tank!

I am looking specifically for a few things from some of our experienced peeps here!

First, they delivered the tank right before Xmas (A great Gift to myself I know, lol), and as you can see in the pics below its inserted in the wall. My bud (who owns a LFS and is who I bought the tank from) said I should consider putting some FRP board on the framing around the tank framing and on the wall in the back of tank.

1641868948126.jpeg

1641868967487.jpeg

This is a decent upgrade from my 150 I broke down earlier this year. My questions are:

1. Does anyone have experience using FRP, and is so how has that been? Would you recommend anything different?
2. I am planning another Mixed Reef here, but I have always wanted bigger Angels so I am torn about the stocking. In the past I had a Chocolate Tang, 2 Mandarin Gobies, and a number of Wrasse for fish.
2a. What fish should I consider for this, assuming I am planning on some SPS but mostly Goni's, Torch's and some other easier to keep stuff?
2b. What fish could I consider if I do very little, if any, coral? And I am looking for specific groupings and totals that would work nicely together?
3. I am probably in need of some equipment upgrades, since most of my stuff is several years old. I have 2 Radion G4s (I know I need 4), OG Apex with all the goodies DOS/DDS, a 60x30x24 sump, Vortec Powerheads, and a Vectra Return Pump.
3a. I am looking for specific equipment recommendations that I could either incorporate with what I have, or consider replacing.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Blakjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x220 gallon tanks because I always wanted larger fish. The first tank has 2xblue hippo tangs, sailfin tang, yellow tang, brown powder tang, foxface, 2 bluejaw triggers, blue spotted puffer, mandarin dragonet, 5 chromis and 5 anthias. flame angel, coral beauty, royal gamma, long nose butterfly and a copperband butterfly. I keep a mixed reef with LPS and SPS.

I'm in the process of stocking the second tank now. I'm trying to go a little different. I would like to start with an emperor angel and build around that. I hope that gives you some ideas.

OP
OP
acesfull44

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 2x220 gallon tanks because I always wanted larger fish. The first tank has 2xblue hippo tangs, sailfin tang, yellow tang, brown powder tang, foxface, 2 bluejaw triggers, blue spotted puffer, mandarin dragonet, 5 chromis and 5 anthias. flame angel, coral beauty, royal gamma, long nose butterfly and a copperband butterfly. I keep a mixed reef with LPS and SPS.

I'm in the process of stocking the second tank now. I'm trying to go a little different. I would like to start with an emperor angel and build around that. I hope that gives you some ideas.
Thanks, this helps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back