New tank setup

Bigtom802l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new tank which will be a 125 g reef tank. I know it will take some time but you have to start somewhere. So i have the tank and stand on order and now am considering what sump to buy. I want to setup a refugium sump and to that end i have been looking at the ADHI 45 refugium sump, the trigger crystal elite 36 sump. Does anyone have any experience with these sumps? also i am going to need a new pump for the sump. I have been instructed by my wife that this tank must be as quiet as possible so to that end i have been looking at the ehiem compact 5000 pumps and the sicca syncra 5.0. Does anyone have any experience with the pumps or know of a quiet in sump pump?

Thank you
Tom

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people build thier own sumps or have one custom built. As for the return pump I have had good success with the pumps being quiet, but the noise is normally from the overflow or where the water exits into the sump. A lower GPH return or adjustable pump will keep the noise down, but you will need to have adequate waterflow in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back