New tank start up and anemone move

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
little background: i have an established 29g and everything will be making the move over to my 75g (livestock wise)
the 75 will be started up with Caribsea liferock shapes, aragalive sand, marinepure spheres in the sump and a regemin of stability.

Can I just put the Nem in with the other coral, clown, and mandarin goby?

I have started another tank with the same steps as mentioned and I stocked it on day two, no issues at all. but a Nem wasn't added for over a year. I have heard they are sensitive, but I was also told that from a dummy that works at an LFS that was just hired to change water haha

thanks guys and gals,

Barnabie

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an established tank (depending how long was running) and you at least move the rocks from that tank to the new one them give a month or two to add any anemone. Anemone needs a well established tank to thrive and survive. the first anemone I put on mine after 6 month cycle die in a week.

OP
OP
Barnabie Mejia

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an established tank (depending how long was running) and you at least move the rocks from that tank to the new one them give a month or two to add any anemone. Anemone needs a well established tank to thrive and survive. the first anemone I put on mine after 6 month cycle die in a week.

I really don't want to move the rock over to the tank, 1) because I want to scape it with the caribsea shapes, and 2) because I have always been battling algae.

what about putting some of the current rock in the sump with spheres and then removing it little by little in the future?

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't want to move the rock over to the tank, 1) because I want to scape it with the caribsea shapes, and 2) because I have always been battling algae.

what about putting some of the current rock in the sump with spheres and then removing it little by little in the future?

In that case, I will wait at least until the ugly phase go thru your new setup and then add one. Maybe you add one and survive but there's a high percentage that will not. Just wait for other members opinions.

OP
OP
Barnabie Mejia

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, I will wait at least until the ugly phase go thru your new setup and then add one. Maybe you add one and survive but there's a high percentage that will not. Just wait for other members opinions.
Thank you for the info!
Hopefully we get some more people to chime in, I didn't think I could make a reasonable poll for this..... so I'm hoping that I could get some feedback with opinions to find the best advice.....

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back