Anemone size and survival rating?

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept BTAs in the past but always started with a large size. I am now wanting to try a higher-end BTA but it's only 1". Have you guys noticed any difference in keeping them alive compared to something 4" when starting out? I have a pair of clownfish (currently hosted by pulsing xenia without consent). Will this be dangerous to the baby anemone?

Cheers,
 
I have had both and not really any difference, but, be careful as it's harder to find and more susceptible to danger as he's smaller and can get in tighter spaces
 
At that size it is important to have good nutrition in the water, as they are hard to feed. Also, the small anemones can be "loved" to death by aggressive clownfish. Otherwise they are not too hard to keep.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new