new tank up and running! water testing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lickyricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lickyricky

Red Sea Max E-170
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
407
Reaction score
119
Location
Miami, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my new biocube 29 up and running. Yesterday the water was pretty cloudy but its much cleaer today. I just added som Microbacter. How long before I should start testing the water? what are the main tests I need to do in the beginning and how do I know when I can add my first inhabitants, a CUC? Picture of the tank is below and you can also check out my blog if you want to see more photos at Our Corality (Coral Reality) | Our Journey through the stages of building a Salt Water Aquarium
Southwest Orange-20120705-00065.jpg
 
Test the water in a few days and you want to test for ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrates... You can add inhabitants when ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are low... Probably 2 or more weeks... IME anyways...
 
yup cooper nailed it wait a couple weeks testing water params everyother day
 
Was the rock dry or live?
 
:clap2: Congrats!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new