New tank upgrade coming soon!

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I called one of my lfs's today as I've been needing to upgrade for the sake of my fish since getting rid of them is not an option because fish are way more important to me than corals especially triggers. He just got in from Japan the tank I've been thinking about as it was the largest I could comfortably fit in my bedroom for over a year now but covid delayed things as Ive worked in the grocery business for 36+ years and business was so crazy busy among everything else it impacted so I had to put plans on hold about the upgrade from my 90g. The customer that ordered it backed out and with the shipping issues and low supply and hearing its gonna keep climbing I drove over instantly. He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse (I will say it was over 1 grand and under 2 grand :D) for the 180g all starfire glass, 60g sump and stand, bean animal as its going in my bedroom where my current tank is so the quiter the better but my wife and I like some water sound as it brings us back to camping up in the Sierras next to streams. I said put a sold sign on it. So gonna stick it in the garage for now until I motivate and get a couple friends over to help tear down my current tank and transfer everything to the new one as its going where my current tank is and it's gonna be quite a bit of work to get it done as quickly as possible and hope for minimal loss of corals, fish I'm not worried about cuz I like them more than coral and they are all solid, immune from ich and velvet as I dont quarantine and have all been through it. I promise I will do a build thread on this one as I didn't on my current 90g when I set it up 5.5 years ago and get asked for a link to my build thread quite often. This will be my tank for alot of years if not last ever but I've said that to my self for the last 35+ years about every tank ;). So plan is to do it within the next few months but asap. Here's a pic of what it's replacing
20210513_154816.jpg
and the amount of work that's not gonna add to the fun of setting up a new tank. Any local fellow hobbyist's experts that might want to help for free frags of whatever I have or cash when the time comes I'm at zip code 92646 H.B. CA.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right next door to Seaside Tropical Fish, and just around the corner from Tongs.

Back