New Tank Upgrade Help

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All ,

I have a 2 month old IM 10 gallon sitting in my office , It now has to make its way back home.

I currently have a spare IM 15 at home and would like to change over to that one. What is the best way to go about things?

I’m thinking new sand is a must heard to many horror story about using old sand.

Should I be worried about ammonia spike? Given Im using 2 month old rock and Marinepure Media ?

Any Tips Or Tricks Would Be Appreciated

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would quickly rinse the sand and use it. 2 months is a very short time, I assume that you spent the first 3-4 weeks cycling, so probably have only 1-2 fishes in there for just a few weeks, its not like its holding years of gunk and fish poop in there.

Put your rocks in the new tank, then add your fish, its in insta-cycle Easy peasy. I did it twice this year. Good luck.

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would quickly rinse the sand and use it. 2 months is a very short time, I assume that you spent the first 3-4 weeks cycling, so probably have only 1-2 fishes in there for just a few weeks, its not like its holding years of gunk and fish poop in there.

Put your rocks in the new tank, then add your fish, its in insta-cycle Easy peasy. I did it twice this year. Good luck.
Thanks gives me a piece of mind lol !!! I actually cycled it TubroStart Fish where in within the first week.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back