Tank upgrade while replacing floors

ShoreReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm about 6 months away from ripping up out engineered laminate flooring in our house and putting down tile on the entire first floor. I have a 120 gallon marineland reef tank and will be upgrading to the IM EXT200 during this time. I will be ripping up the old floor and putting down the new floor myself so I'm guessing that in between tank tear down and tank installation there will be a 2 week time that i will be keeping the coral and fish in the garage. The tank isn't very heavily stocked with either fish or coral but i was thinking of getting a 100 gallon stock tank from The Tractor Supply. I have a T5 hybrid with 3 REEFI LED's, would i need to set the entire fixture back up in the garage for the 2 weeks or would i be ok with just setting up 2 lights. I'm assuming that I would need to build a stand for my skimmer to put in there. I dose 2 part via a DOS but would probably just dose by hand for those 2 weeks. The heaters I will put in along with the MP40's. Is there anything else that i am missing? Does anyone have any other suggestions of how to make this transfer as smooth and low stress as possible? Thank you

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it doesn't get too hot in your garage and your heaters can keep temp up if it's cold, it sounds like you have everything covered. 2 weeks with just the Reefi's I'd think would be fine, especially since the 100 gal stock tanks are relatively shallow

OP
OP
ShoreReefer

ShoreReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it doesn't get too hot in your garage and your heaters can keep temp up if it's cold, it sounds like you have everything covered. 2 weeks with just the Reefi's I'd think would be fine, especially since the 100 gal stock tanks are relatively shallow
Living in the Northeast weather can definitely have an impact which is why i'd like to do it in the fall when the weather is cooperative.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back