Office Nano Tank

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I'm looking for some help with my few month old of nano tank. It's a 15g IM nuvo with an AI prime, Nero 3, and IM manual filter roller. It has been running since January, I started it with dry rock, dry sand but used some scoops of sand and some live rock from my current system at home that has been running since 2020. I have 2 clowns, a small BTA, a hi fin goby and a few lsp and softies in it right now. Most of the corals and nem just don't seem to be thriving, nothing is dying but I can tell not happy. I recently set up a apex jr to monitor the tank and have noticed low ph and I'm not sure if that could be contributing? Ph ranges from 7.5-7.7, my other parameters are alk: 8.4, calc: 400, mag: 1320, nitrate: 0, phos: .02, salinity 1.025. I have also noticed some brown film growing on the back glass but am assuming that's normal new tank stuff, I have been dosing microbacter 7 to try and help increase biodiversity. Let me know if there are any good ways to raise ph in a nano tank or any other thoughts!

Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't chase Ph. The brown could just be diatoms but you should also get your nitrate up to prevent the chance of dinos.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back