New tank

josh88997766

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2025
Messages
172
Reaction score
51
Location
franklin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting a new tank (free 10g from friend with filter) I currently have a 10g right now with a single clown what are some other fish I could keep I don’t really want another clownfish just sit in one area that they hosted I was looking at damsels what are your favorite types of damsel I’m not worried about aggression as it’s the only thing I’ll keep in there with a few snails maybe I don’t plan on putting a light on the tank either so something that’ll look good without a light
 
You are pretty limited to what you can put in a 10g. What kind of clownfish is it?
Personally, I would not do a damsel in there. Clownfish (which is a species of damsels) and another damselfish would be a recipe for aggression in a tank that small. Look into a neon dotty back. Those fish are small, peaceful, and would be a good addition to the tank along with the clown.
 
If you want something unique- a pygmy red rooster waspfish. I have one in a 14gallon with 2 clowns and a starfish! They are really frusting to feed though. I had mine for 2 months now and it still needs live foods and target fed.
 
If you want something unique- a pygmy red rooster waspfish. I have one in a 14gallon with 2 clowns and a starfish! They are really frusting to feed though. I had mine for 2 months now and it still needs live foods and target fed.
heh, that kinda looks like a small, angry lionfish :)
 
If you want something unique- a pygmy red rooster waspfish. I have one in a 14gallon with 2 clowns and a starfish! They are really frusting to feed though. I had mine for 2 months now and it still needs live foods and target fed.
heh, that kinda looks like a small, angry lionfish :)
Oh they're awesome. They're super easy to gender as well, and you can have them in partners and groups too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new