New tank

Ryan Depoister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been doing the freshwater thing since I was 11 an I’m 29. While I was at the LFS I was told they was selling off all there saltwater equipment cause it’s not making anymore money. Well I picked up a tank cause the price couldnt be pasted up, “$100 for 20L, tidal 55, white sand substrate, an the saltwater for the tank ‘instant ocean’ “. The miss loves that green mandarin goby an well Knowing what fish she wants I wanna stick with Western Pacific biotope. It will be a FOWLR for know until I get more acquainted with saltwater. But what all should I know about this?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! A green mandarin needs to be in a bigger tank, the copepod population will not be sustainable in a tank that small.

Good excuse to get a bigger tank though, lol!!!;)

Last edited:

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181203_190453.gif

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..........green mandarin goby an well ......................But what all should I know about this?

Welcome to R2R and glad you joined. :)

In regards to your question...to keep a Dragonette one needs to have a well-established copepod and amphipod population.

Other importance is water parameters are of the utmost importance and foundation to starting a new marine system.

OP
OP
Ryan Depoister

Ryan Depoister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O yea they said something about them eating bugs from the sand. This tank i wanna day is already cycled cause it’s one if there tanks they use to sell fish from. Ok so I don’t wanna starve anything so no go. Uhhmm she also did mention about a lion fish an clownfish. Even tho it’s a 20L I do have a couple extra tanks ‘30 tall an reagular 30’. But I’m stuck on like what can I do with a blank slate aquarium. She wants as many fish as can comfortably fit. Like a peaceful community tank.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She would be happy with a couple clowns an a bubble tip. I just don’t wanna overcrowd for the bioload.

Ah yes, when a tank matures and proper lighting is in place a BTA is a nice addition but honestly, a 20l is not ideal as they grow quite large.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Jealous of your great deal. Welcome to R2R. A green mandarin needs lots of pods, so wait until yur tank's established or buy some. if u can't wait I'd buy some pods from Algae Barn. Their prices aren't bad.

:)

And welcome to R2R @Sea Pickle and thanks for great advice right off the bat.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Ryan ! Sounds like ya got a good deal in the things You bought. You plan sounds good as well . Hold off on the Mandarin until You can supply a proper food source . Good Luck !

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back