New Tank

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is only a small issue but I just wanted to confirm before making a potential mistake. I’m upgrading my tank soon and my current tank has a blue tang, a flame Hawk and 2 clowns. When I set up the new tank, would I be able to just net all those fish and put them in the new tank provided the temp and salinity are the exact same or would you still recommend some kind of acclimation? Thank you!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish (compared to corals) are easy. If it were me, I’d feel comfortable if my temperature and salinity were the same. Except for very, very sensitive fish, that should get you 95% of where you need to be (i.e., not bothering to worry about PH). Beyond that, you ‘could’ fill the new tank about 1/4th of the way using water from the old tank if it makes you feel more secure. (Others may disagree.) Best wishes.

OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish (compared to corals) are easy. If it were me, I’d feel comfortable if my temperature and salinity were the same. Except for very, very sensitive fish, that should get you 95% of where you need to be (i.e., not bothering to worry about PH). Beyond that, you ‘could’ fill the new tank about 1/4th of the way using water from the old tank if it makes you feel more secure. (Others may disagree.) Best wishes.
Awesome, thank you. Haven’t got any sensitive fish yet but would definitely take extra precautions with them. I definitely thought of filling up the new tank with the old tanks water so I’ll keep that in mind closer to the date.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back