New Teident... Crazy swings.

NickyReefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Messages
157
Reaction score
56
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased my new Trident yesturday and was wondering if this is normal during in break in period? Mainly my ALK but also Cal/mag #s have been all over the place. I have tested with hanna each time the trident checks and my hanna holds strong at 8.1/8.2 DKH.

20221016_194944.jpg
 
I am convinced there is a manufacturing defect in the latest batch. So many people are reporting unreliable testing. The common thread, newly bought units.
 
Just purchased my new Trident yesturday and was wondering if this is normal during in break in period? Mainly my ALK but also Cal/mag #s have been all over the place. I have tested with hanna each time the trident checks and my hanna holds strong at 8.1/8.2 DKH.

20221016_194944.jpg
Same happened here but I recalibrated then good. I still question my calcium readings
 
Wow I thought it was just breaking in... My tank would be on fire if I dosed according to this thing... almost $700.
 
Just purchased my new Trident yesturday and was wondering if this is normal during in break in period? Mainly my ALK but also Cal/mag #s have been all over the place. I have tested with hanna each time the trident checks and my hanna holds strong at 8.1/8.2 DKH.

20221016_194944.jpg
To answer your question test there is a break in period. During this time the fluid that is old in the lines from when it was first tested when Manufactured is still working its way out of the lines and off of the walls of the lines. This is another reason why the directions specifically say do not calibrate right away to wait for days of use before
 
To answer your question test there is a break in period. During this time the fluid that is old in the lines from when it was first tested when Manufactured is still working its way out of the lines and off of the walls of the lines. This is another reason why the directions specifically say do not calibrate right away to wait for days of use before

This is correct. They do ask to wait before running through calibration after the 'initial' install.
 
A lot of these units are made and tested and then sit for months with fluid in those lines that Has to get worked out through normal testing or many many primes
 
To answer your question test there is a break in period. During this time the fluid that is old in the lines from when it was first tested when Manufactured is still working its way out of the lines and off of the walls of the lines. This is another reason why the directions specifically say do not calibrate right away to wait for days of use before


Ok cool, so maybee there is hope it will work. LFS said wait a week to calibrate, was that good advice?
 
First thing i have found is don't use their calibration fluid. I use readings off my salfert tests. I don't get accurate numbers when i use their calibration fluid. Once i started using my own water to calibrate its been like clockwork. I have tested to confirm with my salfert tests. They are an amazing machine just gotta work out the kinks.
 
But for what it’s worth I have hear a lot of complaints lately about alk in newly purchased tridents
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new