New to acro, polyp question

ScuttleBug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag pack that contained a Clint’s red stag. The only other acro I have is a green slimmer which has not yet branched but is encrusting faster than any other coral I’ve ever had. This stag has very long white polyps at the terminal growth areas and red smaller polyps at the base. Is this typical of all acro species or is it a stag only thing?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag pack that contained a Clint’s red stag. The only other acro I have is a green slimmer which has not yet branched but is encrusting faster than any other coral I’ve ever had. This stag has very long white polyps at the terminal growth areas and red smaller polyps at the base. Is this typical of all acro species or is it a stag only thing?
Different SPS do different things. Some the base will change color and some the polyps will change color, it depends on the species or the type.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, each coral is different. My slimer also based out a ton for the first few months and now I finally see a "growth tip" and it is starting to grow up. Mine typically have a growth tip and/or a different polyp on the end. Some have neither tho.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back