New to aquariums

Hello everyone,
I am new to the hobby and needed a place to do a little research which led me to here. I recently purchased a used 55gallon tank only (small compared to most of yours) and will be outfitting it with all the needed accessories for a saltwater aquarium. I look forward to learning from all the knowledge here.
Cheers

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). I wish I had started mine while still in the planning stages, and with your equipment gathering this may still be the perfect time to start. Can't be too early.

This might help you find people local to you, and maybe other local sources of used equipment, but don't forget the classics - I just picked up a used 55 gallon setup this past weekend from OfferUp near me:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. That is a good size tank. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new