New to BTA . is he doing ok?

Parent_usmc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
158
Reaction score
117
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purchased this guy from lfs after really wanting my clown to host him.. needless to say the clown could care less after about a month. My question is does this bta look healthy? He's always out and responds wonderfully to reef roads.

He doesn't possess the " bubble tips" I had seen when first purchased. Just want to make sure everything is good. All my other corals couldn't be happier.
20200513_114134.jpg
 
Looks just fine to me. They do not need tentacles to be "bubbled" to be healthy, they're all different and yours looks good. As for your anemone hosting it (the anemone is the host, not the clown) it can take some time. I've had it take a day, or months, or not at all. Just give it time and see if it happens.
 
Looks good from here. My BTA's don't bubble all the time either. No worries there. Your hammer coral may not like where things are headed as your BTA gets larger and there is a fight for real estate.
 
I've had BTAs from probably 2000-2008 and again now for the last year or so - and I don't think I've seen more than a handful of bubbles on mine at any point. Nobody really seems to know why they do/don't bubble.

I'm with sfairtx though on that hammer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new