New to C-Z

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnbljr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

johnbljr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Stuart, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to C-Z***Pics Added

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself.
I have a BioCube 14, about a 8 weeks old now, Have a few zoa's an open brain coral and some other stuff in there.

Just wanted to say Hi!!
 
Last edited:
:welcome:

Look forward to seeing some pics of the tank.

Adam
 
I have a biocube 14 as well. There are pics of it in my gallery. Did you do any modifications to yours?


Mods:
Removed Bio Balls and Sponge
Added LR Rubble and Chaeto to 2nd chamber
Chaeto added in soapdish in the main tank
Widened flow from chamber 1 to 2
Added heater in chamber 2
Removed stock power head from chamber 3 and replaced with a MJ 900
Another MJ 900 added to the main tank
Hydro Flow placed on stock output for nice wave like simulation

In tank stock:
20 lbs live sand
18 lbs live rock
4 frags of Zoa (Radio Active Dragon Eye, Champagne, Tutty Frutty and something else I can't remember)
4 frags of SPS (yeah I know, not enough light, I am planning on upgrading)
1 Open Brain (Red)
2 Scarlet hermits
5 Turbo snails
2 Astrea Snails
2 Emerald Crabs

I cycle carbon 2 weeks on 4 weeks off.
Weekly 10% water changes, top off's as needed.

Coepods are swimming around like crazy.
 
johnbljr,

Aren't you having heat issues? I replaced the stock pump with a mj900 and then added another one with a hydor and the flow was great, but the temps were like 86-87. I just have the one running now for the return and it's still like 84-85 all the time. Do you have any extra fans or anything?

I've been thinking about putting a 150 mh over it, thinking it would be cooler cause I could have some airflow in there. Seems like I need to get some more air moving through the inside some how.


No heat issues...I stay at a steady 80...
 
I don't have any current pictures, but here are some of my current aquascape and open brain coral (before I put it in the tank).

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00347.jpg
 
Once I get the new pics you will be able to see some great coraline growth on the rocks along with my Zoa's...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new