New to forum and stocking help

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

ngoodermuth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What corals should I have? The light will be a Mars Aqua LED 165w or 300w or a Current USA LED 24-36 inch. Also a question about the filter. I will be using a Fluval Aquaclear 50 or 70 and how should I make a hob fuge for chaeto algae?
Welcome! You can buy a HOB fuge or convert your filter into a make-shift fuge. I’ve done both with my first nano. For water quality purposes, I did prefer the actual HOB fuge since there was more room to work with, but it’s more expensive.

For corals, I love my ricordia mushrooms. Nice, easy, and colorful. A good “starter” coral that you won’t want to get rid of later ;) Euphyllia are pretty hardy and nice movement, also trumpet corals.

Good luck, and enjoy the salty side! I started with a 28g bow-front and now have a 120g display, 40g breeder clown/BTA tank, and a frag tank lol

It grows on ya...

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
What about a tiger conch or a fighting conch? Can I have some nerite snails for breeding?
They would be fine for your system

Can I have the nerite snails with the other snails? I want to breed some for freshwater.
I am not quite sure there
What corals should I have? The light will be a Mars Aqua LED 165w or 300w or a Current USA LED 24-36 inch. Also a question about the filter. I will be using a Fluval
Aquaclear 50 or 70 and how should I make a hob fuge for chaeto algae?
Mushrooms, leathers, chalices would be a good start. what one has to look at is if the lights will support growth and one can do that with a parameter

I would suggest a going with a sump instead of a HOB ref.

Corals.com
OP
G

Gramma20

View Badges
Reaction score
I can’t drill the tank for a sump and I don’t have another tank. Is superglue that has cyanoacrylate safe for aquarium use?

OP
G

Gramma20

View Badges
Reaction score
Firefish gobies, tail spot blenny for algae and CUC = turbo , ceryth, nassarius , margarita and astrea snails ( maybe 2 of each.)

So can I have firefish gobies and a tail spot blenny with the other fish (2 ocellaris or percula clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 pink streaked wrasse)?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So can I have firefish gobies and a tail spot blenny with the other fish (2 ocellaris or percula clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 pink streaked wrasse)?
Yes, I have similar in a dropoff tank

OP
G

Gramma20

View Badges
Reaction score
How many firefish gobies could I have? I was originally going to have 1 instead of the royal gramma but someone told me that the firefish would hide a lot and a royal gramma is a better choice.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a trio and at least 2 always out. Other comes out immediately at feeding time, then hangs out until lights out

OP
G

Gramma20

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there any other type of blenny similar to the tail spot blenny? I don't think my lfs has them and I don't want to order online.

OP
G

Gramma20

View Badges
Reaction score
Is this ok for the CUC? 1 tiger conch, 2 turbo, 2 cerith, 2 nassarius, 2 margarita, 2 astrea, 2 trochus, possibly 2-3 nerite (for breeding), 1 skunk shrimp, 1 lettuce sea slug, and 1 zebra hermit crab. Is 1 skunk shrimp and 1 zebra hermit crab enough or should I have more? Are there too many snails?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there any other type of blenny similar to the tail spot blenny? I don't think my lfs has them and I don't want to order online.
Lawnmower blenny also good for algae

Is your Build Thread Badge missing? Uh oh!

• Yes it's gone

Votes: 56 28.4%
  • Nope, I'm quick

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • Uh I don't understand. (you better click and read)

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • Never had one...until now!

Votes: 50 25.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Aqua SD