New to forum and stocking help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gramma20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gramma20

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2019
Messages
55
Reaction score
61
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and to saltwater but I have kept freshwater fish for a few years. I am going to set up a 20 gallon long reef tank this year with a royal gramma, a pink streaked wrasse, and 2 ocellaris or percula clowns. Is this stocking okay and can someone help me with stocking the CUC and corals?
 
Welcome to R2R!
ezgif-2-803adbe54bba.gif
#WelcometoR2R

View attachment 971218
 
Can I have a zebra hermit crab, a skunk shrimp, and some trochus snails? How many trochus snails should I have?

Welcome to reef2reef !!!
Maybe different snails like 5 torchus snails, 2 margarita snails, 1 nasurrius snails, possibly a conch to keep the sand bed clean
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R:)!!

Congratulations on stepping in to the saltwater realm.
 
What corals should I have? The light will be a Mars Aqua LED 165w or 300w or a Current USA LED 24-36 inch. Also a question about the filter. I will be using a Fluval Aquaclear 50 or 70 and how should I make a hob fuge for chaeto algae?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new