New to forum, hello

  • Thread starter Thread starter jcricket
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jcricket

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2019
Messages
39
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to say hey and introduce myself. I am a dad of twin boys, married for 28 years to an awesome lady, and retired. I have been a fish hobbiest for most of the last 40 years. The last time I tried saltwater was more than 10 years ago. It appears technology has come a very long way since then. My wife is doing a 34 gallon reef cube set up very successfully. We are currently looking into doing a 180 gallon fish only salt tank. We are going to focus on angels, tangs, butterflies and similar disposition type fish.

Currently I have been reading on floor loads, DIY wet/dry/sump designs, the need for UV, and protein skimmers. I have a ways to go before I am able to confidently set this up, so I will be reading, lurking, and asking questions as I go.
So for now, hello!

Mark
a.k.a. JCricket
 
50F3099F-4B95-4E07-9130-BAF8F28F2E45.gif
 
Welcome to R2R and thanks for saying hello :)
giphy (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new