New to forum

George’sReefKC

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inherited 90 gallon MarineLand wave front tank with 15 years established community. Very basic setup when I got it in October of 23. Since then have upgraded to a complete Neptune Apex 3 pro system, 200 gpd RO/DI, 10 gal Trigger Titanium ATO W/ Tunze Osmolator 3, DOS QD performing 6 gallon auto water changes daily from 75 gallon mixing vat. 3 DOS QD pumps for dosing (6 reservoirs) running ALK (soda ash)…no current dosage and ALL FOR REEF dosing 10 ml/day. Lighting is AI Hydra Edge 44 HD (par is questionable), 2X AI Nero 5 on opposing ends, Reef Octo 150 Classic skimmer, Eshopps sump w/ 2X 4x7 rectangle filter socks ($$$) Testing w/ Neptune Trident and Trident NP. I don’t really know what other info to provide but I have so many questions and as I have found…hiring professionals seems to be a throw of the dice. I’m excited to pick the brains of those who are in the trenches of this beautiful but sometimes heartbreaking endeavor.



IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

IMG_4601.jpeg

IMG_4683.jpeg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Inherited 90 gallon MarineLand wave front tank with 15 years established community. Very basic setup when I got it in October of 23. Since then have upgraded to a complete Neptune Apex 3 pro system, 200 gpd RO/DI, 10 gal Trigger Titanium ATO W/ Tunze Osmolator 3, DOS QD performing 6 gallon auto water changes daily from 75 gallon mixing vat. 3 DOS QD pumps for dosing (6 reservoirs) running ALK (soda ash)…no current dosage and ALL FOR REEF dosing 10 ml/day. Lighting is AI Hydra Edge 44 HD (par is questionable), 2X AI Nero 5 on opposing ends, Reef Octo 150 Classic skimmer, Eshopps sump w/ 2X 4x7 rectangle filter socks ($$$) Testing w/ Neptune Trident and Trident NP. I don’t really know what other info to provide but I have so many questions and as I have found…hiring professionals seems to be a throw of the dice. I’m excited to pick the brains of those who are in the trenches of this beautiful but sometimes heartbreaking endeavor.



IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

IMG_4601.jpeg

IMG_4683.jpeg
Those tanks look cool but cleaning that glass has to be a pain! lol

Welcome to R2R! 🙂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new