Howdy

howdy.gif

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forums! It definitely sounds like you're on the right track for doing things well and right! QT is always a good step to take, though generally copper should be done only if you see issues with the fish. As far as rock structures, the putty/glue works pretty well and reduces the visibility of connections, as does the drilling/rod insertion.

OP
OP
Fragmented Wolf

Fragmented Wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the reef , and good tank choice , we run one also . Some advice before you get to far into it would be to use some underwater epoxy for fraggin and block off the little hole in the middle of the backplane , its a bypass thats un-needed and have personally lost a few sexy shrimp and a baby clown in it , plus it bypasses the filtration , the stock pump is good as a transfer pump or ato but is a bit lacking for the return most people change it out . The lights are good for some things but best for algae lol, we run a 4 bulb t5 on the tank after the stock lights burned out its the perfect footprint for 24 inch hoods . Super awesome tank and cant wait to see the progress !

I didn't think about sealing that back vent! Thanks, I will most certainly be doing that, and thank you everybody for posting!

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm a relative newbie myself and have been welcomed and assisted already more than you can imagine. And you will be too. It becomes obvious very quickly that there is more than one way to do almost anything reef related. The only thing I have seen everyone agree on is PATIENCE. Otherwise, pick the course of action you are comfortable with and press on. Reef on and enjoy.

Back