New to me 180 gallon build

Trill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On 27 November I picked up a new to me very used 180 gallon off the old Facebook market.
This is what it looked like when i showed up.
It came with the pine stand from aqueon. This will be the second thing to go. Sand being the first.
I am going to build a taller stand with some small upgrades like actual nails or screws instead of staples.
I plan on making the stand have a side cabinet to act as the control board and the other side of the tank will hold other equipment.
The back of the tank is drilled so I am also going to build an overflow box because the drain holes are 14 inches apart. I will put a bean animal overflow box on it.
I have 2 kissel 360 tuna blues and 2 black box led lights, Aquamaxx DFC-120 skimmer (not rated for a big tank), 3 Sicce XStream SDC Powerheads and 2 Sicce Voyager nano (if needed), 2 Syncra SDC pumps, 1 Syncra Silent 4.0 Pump (backup). I do have a 40w UV filter as well. Going with blue and red PVC with the schedule 80 unions and gate valve.

I want to make this a mix reef with a few nice SPS and LPS with a yellow tang a few clown but not sure what else to stock just yet.

No description available.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
On 27 November I picked up a new to me very used 180 gallon off the old Facebook market.
This is what it looked like when i showed up.
It came with the pine stand from aqueon. This will be the second thing to go. Sand being the first.
I am going to build a taller stand with some small upgrades like actual nails or screws instead of staples.
I plan on making the stand have a side cabinet to act as the control board and the other side of the tank will hold other equipment.
The back of the tank is drilled so I am also going to build an overflow box because the drain holes are 14 inches apart. I will put a bean animal overflow box on it.
I have 2 kissel 360 tuna blues and 2 black box led lights, Aquamaxx DFC-120 skimmer (not rated for a big tank), 3 Sicce XStream SDC Powerheads and 2 Sicce Voyager nano (if needed), 2 Syncra SDC pumps, 1 Syncra Silent 4.0 Pump (backup). I do have a 40w UV filter as well. Going with blue and red PVC with the schedule 80 unions and gate valve.

I want to make this a mix reef with a few nice SPS and LPS with a yellow tang a few clown but not sure what else to stock just yet.

No description available.
Excellent!!! Can't wait to see it grow!

OP
OP
T

Trill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I managed to get two 99 inch and six 39 inch3"x3" T-Slotted Aluminum Extrusion with Eight Open T-Slots for free. Also was able to snag quite a few of the 1.5" x 3" T-Slotted Aluminum Extrusion with Six Open T-Slots and a few 1.5"x1.5" with four open t-slots. All of the aluminum is black. I did manage to get some of the hardware as well. Going to need to order some leveling feet though.

So new stand will be built again after I just got the wooden one ready to finish. Now the question what how do I set up doors on this stuff and do I make it 96 inches long just so I have the extra area for a bigger tank later on.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back