OP
Steve Dillon

Steve Dillon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got glass lids made for it to slow the evaporation down.. now they cant be opened with the canopy. My light sits on top of the canopy.. I guess its time to hang the light...

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flip it on a tank corner. So when you remove the handle to flip switch to the other plane of glass, if that makes sense. That's the easiest way I have found. Just got my nano flipper today, have had the original for a couple years

I found the same - much easier this way lol

I have the nano on my 29 gallon and the regular one on my 75 gallon. Love them both.

OP
OP
Steve Dillon

Steve Dillon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I mounted the light.. really messed up.. the tank has to be moved about 4" to the left and pushed back to wall..
(center the light over tank) and I dont think I can do it by myself..

16b23012721241f8b470a7001a26cf5c.jpg

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve, could you use some ceiling anchors and come from the ceiling, as opposed to moving your entire tank?

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or ... finding longer brackets and installing them in place of the current ones? Yeah you'll have to patch the other holes but it might be easier than having to move such a large tank.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing you are screwed into the studs and that is why you are off 4"? They sell anchors that can hold a pretty fair amount of weight, but yeah, with the manufactured home panels, they don't give you much to hold onto. You could eliminate the whole hanging thing and go with aluminum extrusion from 8020.net. That's what I did to avoid hanging stuff from ceilings or walls. It's kind of pricey, but super strong and looks great. 2" extrusion would do the trick!

Reeflogic