New to mobius little confused

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the last few years I've been running a radion gen3 on a reeflink but go figer mines the old style serial starting 5 so not able to upgrade it to mobius compatible by the look of it :rolleyes:

Now having also run 2 Aquami pumps that to be honestly have never been happy with

So decided to splash out for 2 mp40's this week and as a result there mobius I know I could downgrade them to esl but decided to leave it with mobius.

I just can't get my head around the modes and whats best to use and if there working correctly

The tank is 1200mm by 600mm by 500mm

(I know there over powered for the tank size going by the ecotech recommendations but the glass is just to thick for the mp10 and I didn't what to risk it falling off ect and what the misses don't know won't hurt her;))

Can someone explain to me what's ment to happen with the lights as most the time the parent stays in blue / white flash and the child is orange in lagoon mode but the instructions seem to say its should be yellow on one and cycle colours on the child and the controler cycle the light alternative between pumps.

Also don't know if its me but mobius seems a little confusing were i can change my radion in real time the pumps need to sync data before they take effect draging out the time to get it set how you want also as to presets as there all from the basic 4 or so radion presets from esl and no there's real independent presets for the mp's just a note the that it includes settings for them along the top ( be honest sucks a little on this one)

I have to admit I'm well impressed with the pumps and wish I'd got them in the first place but I do miss the presets for the Aquami seeing as it had preset flow patterns for tanks based on there volume and what to do each 30mins ( in essence say lagoon would have 200, 300, 500+ L (and the same for each other setting) with defined night, day modes changing throughout so a full preset option you could adjust to your needs)

Plus it would have been nice to be able to link your old esl account to the mobius and bridge old tech thats not upgradeable to the new platform.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain to me what's meant to happen with the lights as most the time the parent stays in blue / white flash and the child is orange in lagoon mode but the instructions seem to say its should be yellow on one and cycle colors on the child and the controller cycle the light alternative between pumps.
There's some things that need to be clarified in order to help you. Please refer to this diagram so that we can be clear on what "lights" you're referring to.
ML6GRbZl.jpg

I'm curios what light is flashing blue/white?

putting that aside for the time being, let's talk a bit about what the "control dial LED" is supposed to be displaying during parent/child and sync/anti-sync operations.

The parent doesn't need to have any designation in it's programming. You would program the parent as you would any other Vortech, in your case it sounds like you want the parent to run lagoon mode. The LED indicator on the control dial should be yellow.

Now this may get a little confusing because Ecotech chose yellow and orange to indicate via the control dial that the 'child' pump is in either sync or anti-sync.

When you program your 2nd mp40 to be in a parent/child relationship to the first pump, you have the option to put the child in sync, anti-sync or ecosmart back mode. Sync allows you to mimic the parent. It follows the same pattern. One thing to note is when you add child mode, you're given the option to set the max speed. If you have the max speed at 100% it will perform exactly as the parent. if the parent is running at 80%, the child is running at 80%. If you have child max speed set at 50% that means when parent is 80% the child will be at 40% etc. etc.

When the child is set to sync the control dial is yellow. If it is anti-sync then the control dial would be orange.

In your case, it sounds like the child is set to anti-sync (orange)

Also don't know if its me but mobius seems a little confusing were i can change my radion in real time the pumps need to sync data before they take effect draging out the time to get it set how you want also as to presets as there all from the basic 4 or so radion presets from esl and no there's real independent presets for the mp's just a note the that it includes settings for them along the top ( be honest sucks a little on this one)

With no punctuation, it's very hard to understand what you're conveying here. The first part about dragging out the time it takes... When you sync multiple pumps the child pumps take their cues from the parent, not from Mobius. Which means the initial set up may take 60 seconds to fully sync up before the pumps are operating in harmony.

I have to admit I'm well impressed with the pumps and wish I'd got them in the first place but I do miss the presets for the Aquami seeing as it had preset flow patterns for tanks based on there volume and what to do each 30mins ( in essence say lagoon would have 200, 300, 500+ L (and the same for each other setting) with defined night, day modes changing throughout so a full preset option you could adjust to your needs)

Sounds like your old pump user interface was different to the way Vortech gives you the option to program various modes throughout the day, specified by the time you set. It basically expands controlability so that you're not confined to presets, and you're allowed to given many different options with Mobius programming. It will take time to get used to the complexity of programming versus the options of other pumps, but once you get the hang of it, you'll come to appreciate the reasoning behind their methods.

Plus it would have been nice to be able to link your old esl account to the mobius and bridge old tech thats not upgradeable to the new platform.
Unfortunately ESL and Mobius run on completely different firmware, which makes it almost impossible to import setting from ESL to Mobius platform.

OP
OP
Michael Curtis

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi thanks for the reply.

the control dial flashes blue and white on the parent .

the Wi-Fi light stays blue unless it receiving data from the app then turns white for the duration of the transfer but returns to blue afterwards.

the child pumps is in anti-sync so is orange on the control dial and the 50% on the child confused me for a bit but I worked it out in the end.

yes my punctuation is crap never been my strong point lol. reworked

"Also don't know if its me, but mobius seems a little confusing.
Were as i can change my Radion in real time under ESL so being able to see the changes in real-time, The pumps need to sync data before they take effect, So making hard to work out were your setting are affecting flow ect.

Pre-sets seem to be based on the 4 or so Radion pre-sets from ESL and no there's real independent pre-sets for the mp40's, just a marker at the top that shows it includes settings for the flow ( be honest sucks a little on this one) "

this is more on a I've noticed than anything else, I did work out the sync between the pump issue after an hour of wondering why it would go on a random pulse across the led bar.

Sounds like your old pump user interface was different to the way Vortech gives you the option to program various modes throughout the day, specified by the time you set. It basically expands controlability so that you're not confined to presets, and you're allowed to given many different options with Mobius programming. It will take time to get used to the complexity of programming versus the options of other pumps, but once you get the hang of it, you'll come to appreciate the reasoning behind their methods.

yes and no.

the old pump had a similar app.
You can set intervals for individual modes be it only at a 15min slot independently
or
You can use a pre-set template based on average tank volume.
or
You can modify the pre-set to your individual requirements .

your right ill get use to it just found it confusing with the pre-sets all based on lights not pumps.

last part I can understand, just would have been nice not to have 2 apps , As I can't see the other half letting me spend £1500 on 2 new light fixtures lol

thanks for the help ill have a play tomorrow and see what happens but it sound like I've got it in the wrong mode

OP
OP
Michael Curtis

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Thanks for the advice, was spot on

Once I'd worked out the waiting part finally got it set how I wanted it

Lagoon mode with anti-sync at 30% seems to be best for my tank.

Have to admit 2 new pumps was a blessing and well worth it but I got the bug, so now have 2 new vectra s2 returns aswell

They were a little more complex to setup but working.

Back