New to nano

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13yrs in the saltwater hobby but have never built a nano. With a new baby in the family, literally, I’d like to start a nano/pico in her room.

What’s a good nano/pico tank? Should I go AIO? Is there a complete kit?

Just want to keep zoas, mushrooms, etc etc, Nothing fancy. Wanna keep this as a budget build. Live rock and sand will come from my current system so no need for a complete cycle.

Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If budget is the priority, then go with an Aqueon standard 15 gallon/2 foot tank, an Aquaclear 70 filter (fitted with tube input sponges so you can easily rinse them daily...look on Amazon), a thingamajiggy light (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Noo...-Reef-Aquarium-SPS-LPS-FOT-Lamp-/263962502044), an Ehiem Jager Heater. And the rest, well you already have it. :)
I wouldn’t say budget is necessary a priority, but, with already having a large display we don’t need to go crazy with this little nano. Haha (I say that now!)

Thanks!

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t say budget is necessary a priority, but, with already having a large display we don’t need to go crazy with this little nano. Haha (I say that now!)

Thanks!

Take a look at the price I itemized on building out my little 14 gallon cube (on my build thread) and you might reconsider! LOL

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back