New to nems and worried

Howlingsman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Bedroom
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a neon green bubble tip a few days ago and then one of my two clown fish died, was hoping to get feedback on if my nem looks healthy and if I should be concerned about my other clown. The picture is before the lights for the tank are on.

image000004.jpg
 
Are you asking if the nem killed your clown ?
it looks a bit bleached
 
Is it the most likely cause of the clowns death, and what can I do to help with bleaching?
 
Is it the most likely cause of the clowns death, and what can I do to help with bleaching?
No. Bubble tips will not kill the clown unless the clown is dying already. Strong lighting and stable parameters will keep the nem alive and healthy
 
Wish my clowns would host with my nems...
Mine took straight too it, but my local store did say sometimes they are stupid and printing a picture of a hosted nem helps them figure it out. Good luck.
 
You are quite fortunate to have a common clown host so quickly, especially with a BTA!

Regards the deceased clownfish, tell us a bit more about your tank's history, setup, and parameters. Is your tank somewhat new? Have you tested for ammonia through a complete cycle? How long had the clown been in the tank, and was it wild caught/quarantined/visually healthy?
 
20 gallon, used rocks from another tank and some turbo start to get the tank started. Water tests indicate I've been with my cycle for a while now. I've been topping off my water twice a day to keep the salinity Change small. 4 month old tank.
 
Even though your tank is relatively small, you'll benefit from adding an ATO. Nems tend to move around when parameters -- even salinity -- aren't stable. It's great that you're topping off twice a day, but I'm sure that's getting really old really quick.
 
Even though your tank is relatively small, you'll benefit from adding an ATO. Nems tend to move around when parameters -- even salinity -- aren't stable. It's great that you're topping off twice a day, but I'm sure that's getting really old really quick.
Just ordered one hopefully this helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new