New to PHX, looking for LR and LS for new tank, and good friends

subzero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Anyone have some to spare or or give a bit to seed for donation or low price? I’ve been on reefcentral CA for 15 years and had built many relationships with the community before everything became so “for profit” even at the individual level. I mean I remember giving stuff away for free or at a steal back then... now, implement Zoas and shrooms are prices incredibly high... whatever happened to this “hobby?”

I logged into RC fir the first time in years and now RC for AZ is a ghost town...

anyhow, I’m starting a lps/ Zoa tank, 29 gal tank with CPR aeroforce 2 for skimmer. Any reviews for this skimmer?

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby!

I don’t have any rock, that you could use for scaping, but I do have some rubble you’re welcome to have, to help seed your tank.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Valley! I'm way out west in Surprise, but happy to donate some live sand if you want to make the drive.

guntercb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subzero,

Welcome. I ended buying bacteria in a bottle to seed my tank. I think it helped.

About 15 years I had someone in Florida give me about 100 pounds of live rock. I agree a lot of people are selling frags now, but there are people out there that will still give away frags. I actually got a free zoa a few weeks ago.

Good luck with your tank.

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get anything sorted out with your tank? I agree this hobby has changed quite a bit over the past 10-15 years for sure, and not for the better IMO.

There are some cool reefers out there that will trade or sell stuff at reasonable prices. To me, it makes more sense to do that sort of stuff because it sort of insures your corals against a total crash. I wish more people saw it that way, but we live in a very "what about me and mine" society nowadays.

I'll shut up now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back