New to R2R advice needed please.

Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg
 
I recommend chaeto in the refugium, and I do have some that I could send along with an order of pods if you remind me when you order.
I have a small portion running in a fishless system to avoid any fish borne diseases.
Thank you. I'll let you know when it turns up.
 
Hi,
Im new to the site as well. I am not new to the hobby.
I fall on the side that you should get as much live rock as possible. It greatly speeds up your cycling time and will get you where you want to go quickly.
Pests can be eliminated and I believe the risks they pose is small. The ideal scenario is cured live rock. My local store will get in cured live rock that comes from an established aquarium that belonged to someone who has quit the hobby.
Then there is the affordability issue!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new