New to R2R from Colorado

Hankooks2k

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just joined and have been lurking for a little. I just purchased a 65 gallon and starting to fill the tank now.

I put in about 60 lbs of live sand and am filling it with RO water now. Im learning as I go, this is something completely new to me, but its fun learning!

Is it ok to add the rock after the sand and water are already in?
 
Make sure u push the sand aside so you can put the rock all the way down on the glass. There are so many cool critters that like to dig under the rocks. I didn't do that and got a pistol shrimp. I put him in the tank and the next morning got up to find half of my rock work had collapsed.
 
Thanks for the advice! Can i ask how deep your guys beds are? are there pros and cons to having deep sand beds or no?
 
Welcome!
 
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new