New to R2R from Long Beach, CA

  • Thread starter Thread starter gobeach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gobeach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
251
Reaction score
58
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm posting the obligatory introduction post. New to this forum, have been dabbling with Reef tank(s) (this time) for a couple years now. My current tank is 100G mixed LPS, soft corals, with some fish. 4 clowns, 1 blue tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 2-dot goby, 1 blue neon goby, 1 black and white striped goby, 1 new 6-stripe wrasse, 2 cleaner shrimp, and at least one hitchhiker crabs.

LPS: Frogspawn, Octopus, 2 torches, 1 birdsnest that's being beatup by my lights, bubble,
Softies: several finger corals getting very large, mushroom that's recovering from the tank move, a colt that is self fragging so I've got a bit of a forest

I'm currently dealing with my 2nd infestation of Ich resulting from not quarantining my new 6-stripe wrasse. I have the quarantine tank right next to the big tank but it wasn't quite ready for prime time... ::ugh:: I'm treating with Metro / Focus and so far things are improving.

Tanks specs: 100G CAD Lights rimless setup in May 2011, it's a consolidation of a 12.5G nano and a 34G red sea.
CAD Light Protein Skimmer
RIO 20 return pump
Started with 100lbs live sand, 73lbs live rock
Lights Sunbrite LED F00015 series (like the lights, not so happy with the user interface)
Tunze wave box 6206
2 MP40s
Tunze osmolator 3155 Auto Topoff
I'm running BRS Carbon and GFO (change carbon every 2 weeks and GFO every month)
I'm running bio-pellets since the end of October (2011), up to 300 ml dose (adding 100ml every month), will stop at 400ml
I'm also using an Apex controller

Current parameters
Nitrate 3ppm
Phosphate 0.04
dKh 9.2
Mg 1480
Salinity 1.025
Temp stays between 77 - 78
Ph range between 7.82 and 8.02
 
Welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure to post often!

19-1.gif
 
Welcome! Its nice to see someone local on this forum, its a great forum to be apart of! Hopefully we can trade in the future!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new