New to R2R

CzNik2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

My name is Brian and I am new to this forum... I am not new to the salt water world but I have not had one for a few years maybe 7 or 8 years now... my last salt tank was a 72 bow front and was one of the best tanks I have ever owned... I was in Australia for about 18 days and it was spring time so temps outside were raising and my tank was upstairs and my water over heated and bleached all my corals I had some amazing SPS that didn't survive.... So having lost that I said I would never do that again but never was too long... now I wanna do a smaller 40 gallon breeder tank and want to learn what new technology there is for filtration and lighting ... the LED lights look amazing... I just need to figure out what items I need to purchase... I love the Miracle Mud system and will do that with the 29 gal I have... So if anyone wants to suggest good lights for a 40 gal... I want sps lps and clams... Thank you all for accepting me and look fwd to re-learning this wonderful hobby...

Brian
Indiana

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian what part of Indiana do you live. I have many club members in southern Indiana. :) You can not go wrong with t5's on a 40 breeder.
There are many different LED lights out there depends on you budget and future plans say moving up in size to a bigger tank later.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2-jpg.303128

Very welcome back at the salty side, my friend.

OP
OP
CzNik2

CzNik2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian what part of Indiana do you live. I have many club members in southern Indiana. :) You can not go wrong with t5's on a 40 breeder.
There are many different LED lights out there depends on you budget and future plans say moving up in size to a bigger tank later.
I am in Indianapolis.... And I ll check out the T5's and see what I think...

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and welcome back to the addiction.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey Brian!!! That's cool you with us! We like new friends! So how do you like Australia? Some years ago I was thinking about visit this exciting continent)) Sunny and special )))
my last salt tank was a 72 bow front and was one of the best tanks I have ever owned.
Yup! It calls experience! That good my friend! It will let you move further!!!
.. So having lost that I said I would never do that again but never was too long
You love it! Never say 'never' ))))
and look fwd to re-learning this wonderful hobby...
And each month you will be making new amazing discovery! Because the more experience you have the more pleasure to see results!)));)

OP
OP
CzNik2

CzNik2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey Brian!!! That's cool you with us! We like new friends! So how do you like Australia? Some years ago I was thinking about visit this exciting continent)) Sunny and special )))

Yup! It calls experience! That good my friend! It will let you move further!!!

You love it! Never say 'never' ))))

And each month you will be making new amazing discovery! Because the more experience you have the more pleasure to see results!)));)

I loved Australia it was so pretty and so nice.. I was in Sydney, and Brisbane (Seen Steve Irwin and his wife Teri do a performance at their Zoo... Best Exp of my life!!!) and then to Cairns and took a 3 day diving excursion on the Great Barrier Reef. It was breath taking being over all those coral colonies the colors and size of some of them was staggering... and all the fish and eels and sea turtles was so exciting to see wild and in their own environment's... It was funny me and another fish buddy was over there and we were on the boat at dinner where they showed movies of our daily dives... and they were like this fish and that fish... we actually had to correct them on the names and even giving the scientific names and they were who the heck are you guys and how do you know all this... it was funny... hahaha

OP
OP
CzNik2

CzNik2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well, as I am sure you all can understand this... I have changed my plans some... I am going to use my extreme stand and canopy and set up a 75g and not go with the 40 Breeder tank now... Ill get a pre drilled tank and use that and not have an over flow as I would have had to use on the 40 breeder... I have a very nice stand and canopy that will be gorgeous with my reef tank... It has a 110 on it now that is going to be gone soon... (It was last an African Cichlid tank)... I have been pondering in drilling some holes in my floor and plumbing my tank to the basement... but not 100% sure of that yet... Lots of ideas to ponder and change around...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back