New to R2R

Kathco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. One of the guys at my lfs suggested joining R2R, so here we are. My husband & I started in the hobby about 10 years ago in NJ but due to life situations we sadly had to put out hobby to the side. We did keep all our equipment, tank & somehow managed to keep about 40 lbs of live rock alive. We relocated to central Florida about 3 years ago. We packed the live rock up in buckets and moved it here. Set it up in a tank but didn't do much with it. Then 1 faithful day in November my hubby was on some app & found a local reefer with tje same 120g selling his live rock, corals & fish. It was a deal we couldn't pass up. So off to home Depot we went where we bought 29 5lb buckets & we took his water, sand, rocks, corals & fish. We are back in the hobby with both feet!!! We also had a little 10g acrylic nano tank he built that we have since upgraded to an innovative Marine 20g. We are mainly using that as our frag tank. I'm turning into a zoa junkie so I see where this "frag" tank is headed. Lol. I'm looking forward to going threw all the discussions here on R2R as so much has changed (for the better) since we last did this.
Have a great night & talk to you soon.
Here is our 120g set up about 2 months ago.
20151203_082608.jpg

20151203_082546.jpg

OP
OP
Kathco

Kathco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Yeah when the hubby called & set me pics of this guys tank I asked him what are you going to do with that he told we were going to set the tank up & put the new stuff in there. Lol. I thought he was nuts but he made it work and it still is & doing really well!!! Whoo hoo yeah us.

OP
OP
Kathco

Kathco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! You certainly don't have a shortage of live rock!! Looking good!
No we don't do we? We had about 40 lbs we moved from NJ then the guy we bought the stuff from had at least another over 40 lbs. We actually we talking last week about reducing some of it. We want to make it more coral functioning. Our 1st time around was mostly fowl. Now our calling are corals. Lol

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back