New to R2R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm new to R2R and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been in the saltwater hobby for about 6 years now. I've been active on other forums, but decided to join R2R because I just can't get enough of this hobby. Hoping to help others and learn from others in this very fun, yet often times complex hobby.

I currently have a 150 gallon mixed reef. I am mostly attracted to SPS, and some LPS, but have some big zoa colonies from when I first got into corals also. I love watching my coral grow and seeing them color up as a reward for having a stable and well maintained tank. I probably get way more excited than I should when I notice a coral has grown a new polyp or encrusted another 1/8".

I've now been in the hobby long enough that I'm starting to frag some of my large colonies. I originally planned on always just upgrading my tank to keep up with coral growth, but don't have room in my current house for a larger display tank on my first floor, and don't want to hide it in the basement. So I'm discovering a whole new side of the hobby, fragging. Haven't sold any yet, but am excited to be able to sell/trade the corals I have to both diversify what I keep, and to add to other people's tanks what has brought me joy and excitement for years.

Looking forward to being part of the R2R community!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Please share pictures of your setup, we'd love to see them :)
giphy (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

TreasureChest.gif

There are a lot of forums but the sense of community here is what makes this space seem like sunken treasure! Glad you’re here!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let me get this straight... You have a beautiful 6-year-old 150 gal tank, and you didn't post a photo!!!! ;) We must see this. If you get the chance, please start a thread about your tank under "member tanks". We would love to follow along in your reefing world. Welcome to R2R! You are going to love it here.
Bizarre world.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We are glad you joined us !!!!

welcome25.gif

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back