New to R2R!

Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi All,

Very excited to be here, I am starting out brand new in this hobby! I started doing research about a month ago and now with all that is going on in the world I decided I wanted a new hobby that I could devote time to and learn & have fun doing it. So here I am! I have agreed to purchase a Red Sea 250 (picture below) with everything included except the large light in the middle.
Comes with: (text with seller) I have some video too...
“Comes with tank. Stand. Sump. Jebao Powerheads. Rw4 x2 and scp90 1k grye. All the rocks and whatever corals on the rocks. Skimmer. Return pump. Heater. Fishes 2 clown fishes. 6 line wrasse. 3 chromos. Bunch of random stuff I had with the tank.”

The move is approximately 20 miles. I know I should have new live sand saltwater prepared... Question should I get pre-made saltwater (if so which kind) make saltwater from tap & treat (don’t have RO system yet) or can make saltwater using distilled water?

I appreciate and look forward to any and all help from this group of knowledge.

Thanks,

Al
F0B673C6-1640-424A-A138-D0F3C47D2A20.jpeg

AZMSGT

Thanks for all the Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome, nice looking set up you have there.

For the purpose of the move just use distilled and add the salt mix of your choice.

Remember weekly 10-15% water changes will be part of your commitment so get an RO DI system as Soon as you can.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Mastiffsrule

I’m not “in” debt, I’m just “out” of cash
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome.

I would see if there is a LFS around the area you could buy salt water or ro from. Definitely have more than you need in case of an emergency

and welcone

1586220890293.gif

How confident are you that your skimmer is the right skimmer for your tank?

• Very Confident

Votes: 127 39.6%
  • Somewhat Confident

Votes: 113 35.2%
  • Not Too Confident

Votes: 36 11.2%
  • Not Confident At All

Votes: 15 4.7%
  • I Don't Use A Skimmer

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 5 1.6%