OP
C

corcor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 15 gallon tank will not be without challenges. But if you ask here before you do anything, no challenge is too great.

Stable water parameters are the biggest challenge for a newbie. A 15 gallon tank is small, which will mean bigger swings in water chemistry.

I run a 15 gallon that has been drilled and has a sump. Very stable water parameters because the sump adds water volume to the system, reducing fluctuations in chemistry.

Are you going to rely on hang on back filtration or will you be plumbing in a sump?

In the end, FAITHFUL 20% water changes on a weekly basis will keep your parameters stable.
Thanks for the advice Dom!

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I was wondering if there are any good meetups or coral swaps or anything like that in the area I should be on the look out for?
Hi @corcor see link below. I would join but I just don't have the time anymore.

OP
OP
C

corcor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @corcor see link below. I would join but I just don't have the time anymore.
Awesome thank you I have joined!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, glad to be here!
I don't have a tank setup. I am currently doing an attempt at aquascaping for a 15gallon tank so maybe in a few weeks I'll be in the exciting cycling process!

Edit: I am local to Metro Detroit Michigan :)

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Michigan:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
C

corcor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Michigan:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Hi thank you for the guides! That is really helpful.
I have not started a build thread. I have a few videos I have taken from streaming to a couple friends who were interested. I will likely do a build thread once I put my first frag in!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back