New to Reef2Reef and need advise after tank crash

CarolynZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

Like a lot of new posters here, I have been reading threads here for 3 years and have gained a plethora of knowledge just from everyone else's experience with their tanks and fish and other species they keep successfully, or have struggled with.

I initially started with a used 90 gal rimless tank with homemade sump, used rock and a skimmer. It was a great first tank and I learned a lot of do's and don'ts with it. In August 2018 I moved up to a 180 gal display and had the owner of our LFS install a basement sump.

What has brought me from being just a Reef2Reef forum reader to participant is the fact that I need to write one of those "My Tank Crashed and Where to Go From Here" posts and I'm not sure where to do this. This is a bit of an unusual crash in that it was not caused by lack of care, fish disease, malfunctioning equipment or overdosing additives. This was caused by water contamination by either surfactant in the household water softener or contamination in my new bucket of reef salt.

So if someone could direct me as to where I can post the particulars. I am new to posting anywhere actually and could barely figure out how to write this post. LOL But I haven't had a good nights sleep since the middle of February and would like to get some advise.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to R2R. You found the right forum to introduce yourself. #WelcometoR2R

I would suggest you highlight "Forums" and look at all the different forums that are available to post. For your particular issue, if it's a dire emergency, post in Tank Emergency (I did make that linkable). If it's not so much of an emergency, but looking for answers to questions and concerns, I'd pick Reef Aquarium Discussion (also linkable).

Again welcome, and please ask questions....we're here to help.

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with posting in the Tank Emergency forum. Sorry to hear about your current issues.

received_244003776723671.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off, welcome to R2R. You found the right forum to introduce yourself. #WelcometoR2R

I would suggest you highlight "Forums" and look at all the different forums that are available to post. For your particular issue, if it's a dire emergency, post in Tank Emergency (I did make that linkable). If it's not so much of an emergency, but looking for answers to questions and concerns, I'd pick Reef Aquarium Discussion (also linkable).

Again welcome, and please ask questions....we're here to help.

+1. Welcome to R2R!!!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it was under better circumstances that you were able to introduce yourself, but Welcome to R2R!!!

I agree with above, it will get more responses in the for emergency forum. When you do post it there, include all tank parameters, anything that may have caused it, no matter how small, and what you have done so far.

SEAN REILLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh Man!!......Soo Sorry About Your Well......Catastrophe!.........And THE WORST CRASH IS OF COURSE!......The Type Where YOU Were NOT At the Helm!......Sucks Bro!......But I Will State THIS!......THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST SITE ON THE INTERWEB AS FAR AS A WHOLE BOATLOAD OF GUYS/GALS THAT WILL INDEED HELP YOU THROUGH THIS!........I have been out of the "Wet" since 2004!...JUST GOT BACK IN! (And MY GOD, HOW THINGS HAVE PROGRESSED IN 15+ YEARS!).........Started my First Salty in 1976 (Yeah, I'm an OLD Fart!) .....,......

But the PEEPS HERE ARE "TOP SHELF"!!......You shall soon see!....

Sean.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,

Hope you get the thread started so we can help. (haven’t checked yet) we want you to look at you tank and be able to sleep soundly

1586380544248.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back