New to Reef2Reef

CrazyCatLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I've been stalking Reef2Reef forums for a couple of years now and finally decided I should probably sign up. My husband and I had a saltwater aquarium 20 years ago. It was a 40 breeder with a HOB filter, and a maroon clown and his anemone. When we moved from our apartment to our house we tore down the tank and said "maybe someday in the future when we can do it right, maybe then we'll do another salt tank". Flash forward to about 2 years ago when we decided to try again. "We'll just get a 20 long and make it a nano reef. Nothing big. Just simple. Maybe a clownfish and some simple corals." *insert MASSIVE laughing here*

Two years later and our current count is:

125 gallon w/30 gal sump
180 gallon w/75 gal sump
40 breeder (plumbed into the 180 w/75 gal sump)
40 gallon cube/AIO
and our most recent purchase is a Red Sea Reefer 350

I am in constant awe at how much this hobby has changed in the last 20 years. The technology blows my mind. 20 years ago I would have never imagined keeping anything other than a clownfish and his anemone.

I'll stop yammering now. :) Thanks for letting me join, and I apologize in advance for any stupid questions I may ask.

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcomefishes.png

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll stop yammering now. :) Thanks for letting me join, and I apologize in advance for any stupid questions I may ask.
Welcome to R2R.!! In this hobby there really is no stupid questions. Answers on the other hand lol.... that’s why I love these forms, the knowledge the reefers here have is truly impressive! Everyone here is extremely helpful and willing to help!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I've been stalking Reef2Reef forums for a couple of years now and finally decided I should probably sign up. My husband and I had a saltwater aquarium 20 years ago. It was a 40 breeder with a HOB filter, and a maroon clown and his anemone. When we moved from our apartment to our house we tore down the tank and said "maybe someday in the future when we can do it right, maybe then we'll do another salt tank". Flash forward to about 2 years ago when we decided to try again. "We'll just get a 20 long and make it a nano reef. Nothing big. Just simple. Maybe a clownfish and some simple corals." *insert MASSIVE laughing here*

Two years later and our current count is:

125 gallon w/30 gal sump
180 gallon w/75 gal sump
40 breeder (plumbed into the 180 w/75 gal sump)
40 gallon cube/AIO
and our most recent purchase is a Red Sea Reefer 350

I am in constant awe at how much this hobby has changed in the last 20 years. The technology blows my mind. 20 years ago I would have never imagined keeping anything other than a clownfish and his anemone.

Welcome!!

LOVE YOUR STORY!! Looking forward to seeing photos on your build links (plural)

Back