Welcome to R2R!!!
5629C922-94FA-4C85-AD65-0D76BBEFE7B1.gif

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Mike! Sounds like you already got a tip on a skimmer. If you don't find the info you're looking for, you might try posting in the General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration forum. There's been a lot of talk lately about the therapeutic effects of reefing. Hope it helps. It really helps me.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for adding me to the group. My name is Mike. I am starting a fish only tank right now but plan to make the move to reef. I have a 93 gallon take and running a fluval 405 for filtration. Would like some help with slowly upgrading my tank to a reef tank. I have no space under mytank for a sump. Was looking at going HOB for my skimmer and refugium. Can someone give me some pointers on what would be the best equipment to get. I'm on a budget and I am using this hobby to help with my PTSD. Anyone recommendations would be appreciated.
Welcome,
If your a service member or a Vet, Thank you For your Service, I also enjoy my tank as helping me with my PTSD ( service connected)

That being said
Look here for HOB refugiums

I don’t like to recommend HOB skimmers though

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for adding me to the group. My name is Mike. I am starting a fish only tank right now but plan to make the move to reef. I have a 93 gallon take and running a fluval 405 for filtration. Would like some help with slowly upgrading my tank to a reef tank. I have no space under mytank for a sump. Was looking at going HOB for my skimmer and refugium. Can someone give me some pointers on what would be the best equipment to get. I'm on a budget and I am using this hobby to help with my PTSD. Anyone recommendations would be appreciated.
Brother,

I have been using my tank for therapy for a while now. 21 years in the Army and I just retired last year. If you ever need to run things past me, please reach out. Happy to give tank advice or just advice o what has it not helped me.

Thanks for serving.

OP
OP
S

Scrappie301

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brother,

I have been using my tank for therapy for a while now. 21 years in the Army and I just retired last year. If you ever need to run things past me, please reach out. Happy to give tank advice or just advice o what has it not helped me.

Thanks for serving.
Thanks Gonzo. I did 13 years in the Navy. I'm trying to find ways to help with my PTSD without using meds. I will definitely bounce ideas off of you. Thanks brother

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club!!!! you'll like it here! My brother in law was introduced to reefing to help with his PTSD and it works! then he snaked me into it and i'm hooked as well!!!! My wife as noticed a big change in me as well after we started our reef tank. I am able to de-stress and become grounded when I get home from a stressful day in the shop (customers and clients take a toll sometimes). I wish I could have started sooner, but i'm here for good though!

you'll have some fun here! and you WILL learn a lot!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back