New to reefing

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself I am Eli and I just set up my first saltwater tank, it's for my office so working on a smaller scale.

It's a 10 gallon with 2 clown so far, going to wait a bit to start adding more to the tank.

Any suggestions, recommendations, comments ETC I would want to learn as much as possible about reefing.

Thank you

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself I am Eli and I just set up my first saltwater tank, it's for my office so working on a smaller scale.

It's a 10 gallon with 2 clown so far, going to wait a bit to start adding more to the tank.

Any suggestions, recommendations, comments ETC I would want to learn as much as possible about reefing.

Thank you
Hi Eli and Welcome!

NICE to have tank in office - stress reducer!

You are already on your way, but this is a great back to basics tutorial:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty family, Eli.... great name by the way.
Office tanks are awesome. Keep in mind that small tanks can have big swings happen very quickly - this is bad. Make sure that you get an ATO (Auto Top Off). That will help you with stability. Do not overstock and be careful running your lighting too high for too long. Depending on your office hours - it could be a very long day. Try to program the lighting to ramp up, have a reasonable photo period and then ramp down. Too much and you can have issues with nuisance algae, dinos , cyano ... all sorts of baddies.
Last note... it's a small tank in the office. Hide the food. Everyone will be wanting to feed the fish. This goes back to stability. Maybe even get an autofeeder so you do not need to worry about it - especially on your days off. Oh! I lied ... one last thing .... do they turn off the heat or AC when the office is closed? It may be worth checking.
Congrats and best wishes!!
Tired Marine Life GIF by pikaole

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back