New to salt water

jordynhowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I’m 21 and I just started my first salt water tank. it’s a 15 gallon nano but with sand and rock it’s 12 gallons. I started with freshwater and now have 6 freshwater tanks. I wanted to know how I set my tank up for success. I used turbostart. Got a clownfish to start my cycle. It’s been about a month or so. I now have 2 snails and a coral frag. What else should I do?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello!
I’m 21 and I just started my first salt water tank. it’s a 15 gallon nano but with sand and rock it’s 12 gallons. I started with freshwater and now have 6 freshwater tanks. I wanted to know how I set my tank up for success. I used turbostart. Got a clownfish to start my cycle. It’s been about a month or so. I now have 2 snails and a coral frag. What else should I do?

Great job on getting started!

Read through some of the topics here to get you on your way to success: New to saltwater

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Sounds like you're off to a great start! Slow and steady wins the race. I waited until most of my uglies were done and added a few more inverts/Clean Up Crew through that before adding more corals, but that was just my preference! Tons of folks around to ask for help and advice!

good bye hello GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are well on your way to enjoying your own personal bit of ocean!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Hammonton:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back