1571181514351.png
1571181514351.png
Thank you

MJD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a coralife 32 gallon LED bio cube aquarium and the stand. I am not opening and putting together until Christmas. I want to make sure that I have everything that I need to set it up. I know that I need 3 bags of nature’s ocean bio active live sand, saltwater master test kit, saltwater, coralife bio cube protein skimmer, anything else before I get my live rock?
I'd be careful about using too much sand, in the long run it can be a hassle to maintain properly, I'd say don't use more than a 20lb bag of live sand. Also make sure you stir it up a decent amount every now and then so there is no build up. As others have said prior, invest into an ro/di unit, you dont have to get a very expensive one, but mixing salt yourself will save you loads of money. You should be good to add your live rock but you probably should get an adequate heater first although im not sure how much not having a heater would hurt the benefical bacteria on the live rock if at all. Good luck! Its quite a journey.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Congratulations on your biocube, you have a very good list and lots of solid advice thus far. If you haven't already watching some of the brstv videos on YouTube helped me a lot when i was starting out.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as others have said, invest in a solid RO/DI unit ( I would recommend a 6 stage, can never go wrong with a larger unit). Buckets for mixing salt (5 gallon, 2 gallon for fragging and small maintenance). power head with 20-40x turnover at least and controllable if possible, good mix of testing kits (search here for the better test kits from specific brands, I have a few different brands for specific testing).

as far as the sand, I think 1 bag would be good, you don't want it too deep cause it may cause more headaches later. I am using 3.5 - 20lb bags for my 75g and that is more than enough. make sure you rinse the sand well before using it, get all the cloudiness out before you put it in the tank (you'll thank me later, I promise ask @brandon429 about it, he is a ball of knowledge when it comes to sand and sand maintenance.)
even if you're using live rock for the start up, I would recommend getting some seachem stability or aquavitro seed (they're the same product from the same company just different names) and using it for the start up, it will help. grab a small box of marinepure spheres for bacterial hosting.
other than that, have fun with the tank and post pictures for us to drool over!

Thanks,

Barnabie

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back