OP
OP
quinndeline

quinndeline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. If the product says you can add fish on day 1, you can add fish on day 1 (per what @jda says) - assuming you're using the dose of bacteria recommended for your size tank
2. I would use a small stocking density, and strongly consider quarantining your fish per protocol.
3. I am in a different camp than some - I believe you can add coral (especially 'easy' coral) - quite early - since you have some live rock in your tank.
What are some types of easy corals

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, however nothing wroth using will be too cheap. I did some research, and came down to Hipargero 100 watt LED's. They are on Amazon for about $150. each.
Another option - After allot of research I chose this one for my new build. Haven't used yet but eager to.
Noopsyche NP K7 Pro V3 III 140W App WiFi Full Spectrum Saltwater LED Aquarium Light for Coral Reef SPS/ LPS
$189 from vendor or $160 from aliexpress

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API test kits are fine. Perhaps my biggest grip with them is that people use them too much. Once ammonia is trending towards yellow, then you are likely fine - this one has a larger margin for error, so anything under .5 for long is probably close to zero. Nitrate is fine, but you don't test that for a few months - if you have any nitrite at all it will interfere with the nitrate test.

Salifert is good for alk and calcium. That should be enough for now. You can get more later.

Most polyps, mushrooms and xenia are good easy corals. Just don't go cheap here some some of these can become invasive later. Make sure that you really want them and pay a few bucks more for nice zoas rather than some trash ones, for example. Don't add just to add.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back