New to Saltwater, slowly starting

cbusteach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R! I’m a HS teacher looking for a summer hobby, that on advice from a neighbor reefer, is going very slowly to set up my first marine tank. So, it’s about to become a Fall/year-round hobby! It’s a 75 gal SeaClear System II that I had as a freshwater tank for the past 6 years. As of today there’s 50lb of rock on crushed coral/black sand with half of the blue bioballs still in the sump area. No fish yet, just feeding the tank waiting to see my NH4 sticker thing show me some bacterial activity. Neighbor advised a protein skimmer, but am waiting to see if there’s one that’ll fit in the back of my unit…. can’t wait to add some fish soon. Thanks for any advice :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

prodbot7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I always love following along peoples “Build” threads for inspiration … it sounds like you’re already getting good advice to take it slowly; I would also recommend getting good test kits to help keep your water parameters in line and stable. Good luck and have fun with it!

AlecV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted my build thread!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back