New to Saltwater

Hello & Welcome!
IMG_5100.png
 
Hi all!

I am new to saltwater tanks, had nothing but freshwater for years now, but I've always wanted a reef tank. Currently have a 53 gallon Red Sea G3 Reefer system that is only a couple months old. Everything so far has gone relatively smooth and well(knock on all the wood).

I have a varied clean up crew, a couple of young clowns, and I just got a captive bred mandarin that is so much more active than I anticipated. I've wanted one for so long so I'm so glad he's doing well. He thinks he owns the place and clambers all over the rocks.

Soon I want to get some coral frags, maybe in another month or so. Just trying to maybe get some PAR readings first and start getting used to what I have now first. I've been reading through the copious amounts of advice here on reef to reef which has been overwhelmingly helpful.

-Savannah


PXL_20260412_160003701.NIGHT.jpg PXL_20260410_181712784.jpg PXL_20260407_223146823.jpg PXL_20260412_222804694.MP.jpg
Good luck with the manderin mine died 2 weeks ago. You should buy them captive breed i think mine was a wild one didnt make it. But good luck! Love your setup! Im a new reefer as well! Been 6 months for me! This is my tank. 31 gallon lagoon aio

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new